This is not my first post regarding a Fat Burning Circuit Workout and it will likely not be my last. Circuit training has been around for years but the unique spin I am placing on my workout is that you start in the pool and end up lifting weights only after spending some time on the treadmill.
I have found this to be a great way to break up, upper and lower body cardio while adding some weight training. The weights just need to be light enough for lifting high repetitions.
Fat Burning Circuit Workout
1000yds swim with 4x25yd sprints with 25yd recovery
20 minutes on treadmill at 7.5 or higher
20 minute circuit weight training
Examples of weight training:
1) 2 x 20 Seated Bench Press with Bench Fly
2) 2 x 15 Bent Bar Curls with 20+ Push-ups
3) 2 x 15 triceps push down and pull down w/20+ dips
4) 2 x 15 Shoulder press with 20+ crunches
5) 2 x 10 Lunge Squat (left/right) with full squat